2016 STIHL MM 55 C-E STIHL YARD BOSS®
The same powerful multi-tasking tool as the MM 55, but enhanced with STIHL Easy2Start™ technology for nearly effortless starting.
The MM 55 C-E STIHL YARD BOSS® is the ultimate lawn care system. It comes standard as a cultivator and easily transitions to a trimmer, lawn aerator, bed edger, power sweeper and more with optional attachments. With this multi-tasking tool, you never know where the day will take you. But thanks to the STIHL Easy2Start™ system, you’ll always know how the day will start – quickly and easily. Just give the cord a gentle pull and you’re ready to take charge of your landscape. When the job is done, the STIHL YARD BOSS® folds down for convenient storage and transport.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Compact Design: The folding handles and front hand grip make the YARD BOSS® compact and easy to transport and store.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products fast and easy. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine’s compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Multi-Tasking Tool: Switch between any of the eight YARD BOSS® optional attachments quickly.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- Protected Spark Plug Cover: The spark plug cap is integrated in the equipment’s housing, so the spark plug remains protected while still being easy to change.
- Purge Pump Primer: A small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor when pushed, reducing the number of starting strokes required following extended breaks in operation.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.8 kW (1.07 bhp)
- Weight: 9.8 kg (21.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 330 cc (11.2 oz.)
- Tine Speed: 200 rpm
- Cultivating Width: 8.5 in.
- Pick Tine Diameter: 9.1 in.
- Power Source: Gas
- RL-MM Lawn Aerator: Refresh your lawn with the YARD BOSS® lawn aerator attachment. Made for the STIHL YARD BOSS® yard care system, this attachment creates a series of slits into the soil of the lawn. These holes allow air, moisture, fertilizers and other nutrients to get to the roots. Now that’s a breath of fresh air.
- FC-MM Bed Edger: Give your yard that professional landscaped look with the YARD BOSS® bed edger attachment. Made for the STIHL YARD BOSS® yard care system, this handy tool is used to cut defined edges to separate the grass lawn from the cultivated soil in a planting area. It’s the perfect way to add definition to your outdoor areas.
- BF-MM Pick Tines Cultivator: The YARD BOSS® pick tines cultivator breaks up weeds and hardened soil in the garden without disturbing nearby plants. The pick-style tines deliver exceptional control while effectively loosening hardened dirt or mulch. This is the standard attachment for the MM 55 and MM 55 C-E STIHL YARD BOSS® lawn care systems, so you can prepare soil for planting and keep your garden areas perfectly maintained – no assembly required.
- BK-MM Bolo Tines Cultivator: It slices, it dices, it chops compacted dirt into soft planting soil. The YARD BOSS® bolo tines cultivator attachment is an alternative style to the standard pick tines, and is designed for a minimum of clogging. Perfect for gardens and other planting areas, the curved bolo tines reach deeper into the ground, loosening and mixing the soil. They are also great for adding amendments to soil.
- MF-MM Lawn Dethatcher: Nature rarely picks up after itself. The YARD BOSS® dethatcher attachment for the STIHL YARD BOSS® yard care system picks up what nature leaves behind, grabbing dead grass and other accumulated materials directly from the top of the soil. Like a vacuum cleaner for your grass, this attachment cleans up your lawn, allowing in more sunlight and nutrients. NOTE: This attachment must be used with large deflector and extensions.
- KB-MM Bristle Brush: Sweep with authority. The bristle brush attachment for the STIHL YARD BOSS® yard care system features durable nylon bristles and a wide sweeping surface – one pass covers an area up to 24” wide. From clearing leaves on walkways and driveways to fluffing artificial turf, this bristle broom makes a clean sweep of big cleanup jobs. Pair it with the MM Wheel Kit accessory for ultimate convenience and maneuverability. NOTE: This attachment must be used with large deflector and extensions. Do not use on grass lawns.
- KW-MM STIHL PowerSweep™: Show nature you have the right-of-way with the KW-MM PowerSweep™ attachment for the STIHL YARD BOSS® yard care system. This powerful attachment features heavy-duty rubber flaps, acting like a squeegee on steroids. It cleans up compacted dirt along roads and sidewalks, moves pebbles and sand from grassy turf, and even removes water and light snow from hard flat surfaces. NOTE: This attachment shown with optional large deflector and extensions.
- FS-MM Trimmer Attachment: Pair this trimmer attachment with your STIHL YARD BOSS® Wheel Kit for a quality, cost-effective trimmer mower. Now you can turn your STIHL YARD BOSS® into a quality wheeled trimmer, adding ease and convenience to your trimming tasks – all for much less than the cost of a dedicated trimmer mower. The STIHL FS-MM trimmer attachment features a dependable STIHL AutoCut® 25-2 trimmer head for precision cutting tasks. To advance the line, just tap the trimmer head against the ground. Need to change the trimmer head? The FS-MM trimmer head is designed to be removed and replaced with a wide range of STIHL trimmer heads, including STIHL SuperCut™, FixCut™, DuroCut and more! (Note: Must be used with wheel kit.)
- Engine Displacement
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- 1.07 bhp (0.8 kW)
- 21.6 lb. (9.8 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.2 oz. (330 cc)