2018 STIHL FS 131 R
A professional loop-handle trimmer that delivers incredible performance, long run times and a simplified starting procedure.
Dense, thick weeds can't stand up to the professional power of the STIHL FS 131 R trimmer. It features a low exhaust emission engine and a larger fuel tank that delivers 30% longer run times when compared to previous models. This professional trimmer also features simplified starting enabled by the semi-automatic choke lever and one-touch stopping to reduce the hassle of restarts. Its rubberized loop handle provides a comfortable grip of product. Add this tough trimmer to your fleet today.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Adjustable Front Handle: Adjusts for comfort.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Start/Run/Stop Controls on Handle
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Loop Handle (R): Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
- Cutting Heads & Blades Selection Chart: Need help selecting a cutting head or blade for your STIHL trimmer or brushcutter?: Click here to view the Cutting Heads & Blades Selection Chart (PDF Format).
- Displacement: 36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)
- Weight*: 5.5 kg (12.1 lb.)*
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz.)
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.9 bhp (1.4 kW)
- 2.2 cu. in. (36.3 cc)
- 12.1 lb. (5.5 kg)