2019 STIHL MS 170 - 16"
A lightweight chainsaw designed for woodcutting tasks around the home.
"I am very satisfied with every aspect of this saw and love how light weight it is. It starts easily and runs great. I have cut up to 16 inch diameter oak, and it did a great job, considering the size of the saw. The local dealer was very knowledgeable and very helpful."
The STIHL MS 170 is the perfect lightweight chainsaw for homeowners seeking a great value. Compact, lightweight with just the right amount of power, the MS 170 makes quick work of trimming or cutting small trees, fallen limbs after a storm, and other tasks around the yard. And even at its great price, the MS 170 has many of the same design features the professionals depend on.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine's correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty" side of the air box.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Displacement: 30.1 cc (1.8 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.3 kW (1.7 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 3.9 kg (8.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 250 cc (8.5 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 145 cc (4.9 oz.)
- Oilomatic® Chain: 3/8" PMM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 30 to 40 cm (12" to 16")STIHL ROLLOMATIC® Mini
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.8 cu. in. (30.1 cc)
- Horse Power
- 1.7 bhp (1.3 kW)
- 8.6 lb. (3.9 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 12 in. to 16 in. (30 to 40 cm)